SILMO Paris has just announced that this year’s exhibition originally scheduled for October 2-5 will be cancelled! Following MIDO, Vision Expo East and DIOPS, it’s another international optical exhibition that cannot be held as scheduled. France is actually entering the third stage of the COVID-19 pandemic. Most of the facilities and venues have almost resumed operations. There is also distinct recovery of business among opticians. However, having considered the various criteria relating to the trade fair fundamentals as well as developments in the international health, economic and political situation, the SILMO Executive Board and its partner COMEXPOSIUM have took this responsible yet unfortunate decision to cancel the Silmo 2020 Paris event as it was planned to take place at Paris Nord Villepinte.
Although the event can’t be held as scheduled, the organizer has made new plan! From October to November 2020, Silmo will set out to encounter opticians in France and throughout Europe in the way of showroom. A nomadic version of SILMO Paris will be held in different formats adapted to the market. Showrooms will open in convenient, convivial locations:
- Paris, October 3rd and 4th
- Bordeaux, October 12th
- Rennes, October 19th
- Lyon, October 26th
- Copenhagen, October 4th
- Brussels: date to be confirmed
– The 2020 Silmo d’Or awards will go forward, open to all the companies registered to date.
– Once again this year, Silmo Academy will issue a scholarship to support a scientific research project in vision and optics.
– Through a specialised application, Silmo Next – a laboratory of ideas, a forum for interprofessional discussions, and a showcase for creation and innovation – will present the summary of the work that began two years ago, probing into the future of the sector, product developments, and the optical profession:
Hopefully, the world will return to normal very soon. Let’s meet at SILMO 2021 at the Paris Nord Villepinte exhibition centre from 24 to 27 September 2021.
Photos of SILMO 2019: